* Instructions for wearing the CBA
1. The CBA must be used for the duration of time prescribed by the doctor.
2. For the first few months, the CBA must not be worn for over a 10 minutes. (Wear the CBA for the day of treatment only. Wear the TBA/OBA instead until your next day of visit to the clinic)
3. If any discomfort arises while wearing the appliance, you must stop wearing it immediately. (Regardless of how long you have been wearing it)
4. The CBA is a manually adjusted appliance, which needs to be modified by the doctor according to deflections. Treatment proceeds as the doctor corrects the deflections.
* Instructions for wearing the TBA/OBA
1. Since the appliance is not customized, it may cause discomfort in the teeth, the gum, and the palate.
2. If the discomfort is not so severe in the beginning stage, the longer you wear it the better.
3. If discomfort arises while wearing it, you do not have to stop wearing it. (However, if you feel discomfort in the teeth, you may stop wearing it until the discomfort fades away.)
4. The TBA/OBA does not need to be adjusted by the doctor. It is automatically modified without having to correct deflections. Treatment proceeds without the doctor’s correcting deflections.
* Differences between the two types of balancing appliances
(1) customized balancing appliance (CBA): a manually adjusted balancing appliance (In case of deflections, replace it with a standardized one.)
1. Recovery is fast. (1000km/h)
2. Wearing the CBA in case of deflections leads the treatment in a negative way. (It may cause side effects or opposite effects.)
3. If discomfort arises while wearing it, you must stop wearing it immediately. (At this point, replace it with a standardized one.)
(2) Standardized balancing appliance (TBA/OBA)
▪ Recovery is slow. (10km/h)
▪ Wearing the CBA in case of deflections leads the treatment in a positive way. (There are no side effects, and recovery is faster.)
▪ Even if discomfort arises whiile wearing it, there is no need to stop wearing it. However, in case of discomfort in the teeth or the gum, you need to stop wearing it temporarily. (To let the teeth rest)
▪ In case of deflections, wearing the TBA/OBA gradually reduces symptoms. (However, a correct spinal posture must be achieved first, and the Four Steps of the Full Body Exercise of TBT(FCST) quickens recovery.)
* Two tips for your recovery
(1) Customized balancing appliance (CBA): Number of treatment sessions
1. The number of treatment sessions determines the duration of treatment.
2. If you experience multiple deflections in a day and get them all corrected within that day, recovery will be faster.
3. The more frequent the treatment sessions, the shorter the period of treatment.
4. If you want fast recovery, receive your treatment as often as possible.
Examples) If 20 treatment sessions are needed for complete recovery,
10 sessions per month: takes 2 months
4 sessions per month: takes 5 months
1 session per month: takes 20 months
(2) Standardized balancing appliances (TBA/OBA): the duration of wearing the appliance
1. How long you wear the appliance determines the duration of treatment.
2. The more often you wear it per day, the faster recovery.
3. The longer you wear it, the faster recovery.
4. If you want fast recovery, wear the appliance as much as possible.
Examples) If 20 hours of wearing the appliance is needed per day for complete recovery,
-10 hours per day: takes 2 months
-4 hours per day: takes 5 months
-1 hour a day: takes 20 months
* Three keys for your recovery
(1) Keep a positive mind.
1. Whenever you have a positive thought, the brain secretes a hormone called endorphine.
-Effects of endorphine: It relieves pain, is anticancer, heals, and improves immunity.
2. Whenever you have a negative thought, the brain secretes a hormone called noradrenalin.
-Effects of noradrenalin: Its effects are the exact opposites of those of endorphine. It aggravates symptoms.
(2) Maintain the right spinal posture.
1. The right spinal posture is essential for fast recovery. It is the most basic rule that needs to be strictly followed.
2. Do the Four Steps of the Full-Body Exercise of TBT(FCST) at least three times an hour. (Refer to the leaflet for Full-Body Stretching Therapy)
3. Do walking-stretching exercise for more than 6 kilometers a day.
(3) Maintain the right diet.
1. Eat lightly, especially for dinner.
2. Eat more vegetables.